I am the Office Manager for a screen printing company called Press Press Merch, in downtown Roanoke, VA. My daily tasks involve answering phones, filing, invoicing, scheduling printing jobs, ordering apparel, responding to emails, price quoting jobs, and proofing out upcoming jobs. I also get to do a little design work for clients from time to time and that is the most rewarding, and fun part of all. It's been a whole new set of challenges that I could have never anticipated, and I'm learning a lot about managing my time, working within deadlines, and designing screen prints from start to finish.
Through my experiences here I feel like I'm gaining a better understanding of the magnitude of work that is required to run a successful small business. I have a long way to go before I can even start to think about self-employment. The taxes, and inventory costs alone make me shutter. I've said a thousand times to everyone I know that I'm learning a lot, and I am.
Are there any down sides to working at Press Press Merch? Every job has it's perks and challenges. I will say that I mentioned in this post that switching to an all male environment would be tough; and I was right. Thank goodness for my boss' wife Lindsay, she helps keep me sane and feeling normal. If she didn't stop by a couple times a week with their girls I'd probably start wearing dirty cut offs and sweat stained tank tops every day. Gross. big kiss, bekuh


