1 box graham crackers (you'll only use 2 of the inner packages)
1/2c melted margarine
2c chocolate chips
1 tbsp peanut butter (or peanut butter substitute)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
7 oz shredded coconut
1. Preheat your oven to 350F
2. In a large ziplock bag dump the 2 packages of graham crackers inside, and using a meat tenderizer or rolling pin crumble the graham crackers into tiny pieces.
3. Put the graham crackers in a mixing bowl, and mix in the melted butter and sugar.
4. Grab a 9"x13" baking dish and grease it. Press the graham cracker mixture into the pan, forming a crust on the bottom. Cook for 10 minutes, and let cool for a couple minutes.
4. In a separate bowl mix the sweetened condensed milk, and shredded coconut. Spread over the graham cracker crust. Place back in the oven and cook for another 10-15 minutes until the coconut topping starts to brown. Let cool completely.
5. Melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter, mixing until all is smooth and combined. Pour the chocolate over the coconut, and graham cracker crust. Carefully spread the chocolate out, covering everything.
6. Chill in the fridge, or a cool place and serve after the chocolate is completely set.
A rich treat for sure. I pretty much save up all my baking until Christmas time, so these are a real treat. What are some of your family recipe traditions? I'm always game for learning a new recipe. big kiss, bekuh
PS- Don't forget to enter the Dot & Army giveaway going on now!
- December (30)
- November (26)
- October (29)
- September (27)
- August (31)
- July (34)
- June (36)
- May (29)
- April (31)
- March (34)
- February (30)
- January (27)