About a Girl

3.03.2011

For the next couple of days I'm going to share about myself; the things I like, love and things I'm aspiring to do in life. My hope is that as a reader you'll feel more conected to me and see that there is an inner voice here and it is hopefully a voice someone out there can relate to or want to listen to. Enjoy*


My name is Rebekuh, Bekuh or Bek depending on the day and who you're talking to. The funny thing about my name is that it is actually spelt with the -uh on the end, this is not something I made up to seem "cool" or "different." This is how the story goes...

When my mom was pregnant with me she decided she wanted a Biblical name for her yet unborn child, aka me. She decided she liked both Rachel and Rebekah and should she have a girl she would name her one or the other (Note: Apparently Biblical names were limited to girls because if I would have been a boy my name would have been Gregory). After delivery however my mom knew she wanted to name me Rebekah, but she didn't have a Bible with her and couldn't remember the Biblical spelling. So, she sounded it out, Rebek-uh.  No this was not drug induced and no they didn't go back and change it. And so I am Rebekuh and honestly that slight difference has helped shape me as a person. My name is both rooted in history and something completely unique to me at the same time. Just a little piece of family history for you today. big kiss, bekuh