|1-Unknown (via ffffound)/2/3/4/5-my own/6/7/8/9|
When Ryan asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday I sheepishly said let's go hiking, and then come home and snuggle. That's what I wanted to do, and that's what we did. It got me thinking about home and how very much it means to me. Today's Weekly Obsessions are all things that make me feel homey, or make me think of home in some way.
1. Playing in the leaves is one of my favorite things to do, even as an adult. I love sliding through massive piles of them. Image source unknown (via ffffound).
2. This vintage cape would look beautiful hanging up on my wall. I don't know about the practicality of capes, but they sure are beautiful.
3. I love kitchen that have accumulated layers of gadgets over the years. I guarantee you that Ryan and I will one day have a kitchen that looks like this, because we love kitchen stuff so much. kitchen goods-
4. I've had this thing for Navy walls for awhile, but this post on Design Sponge has me really wanting to paint everything that rich blue color.
5. I'm such a sucker for old saying and I thought that "Home is Where the Heart Is" fit today's post perfectly. No picture required.
6. I can't knit, but my Aunt can and she made me a pair of fingerless gloves a couple years ago. I love them and now I want this pair too. I like to wear them in the house when my hands get cold.
7. This fall when we do gather friends together I want to try out this apple votive DIY. So simple, and classy. apple votive-
8. I think I could pretty easily make a plaid vest like this and I'm adding it to my fall to-dos. I love everything about this outfit.
9. Squash everything is my favorite. I have about 3 butternut squash that are begging to be used right now, and this recipe is going to happen. Oh and this one too!
What are things that make you think of home? I like that you can find home in objects, in photos, in nature, it's more of a feeling than an actual place. Happy Sunday! big kiss, bekuh