1. Doilies make great garlands for parties; if you're planning a bridal, baby, homecoming, just-because shower they kick butt in the decoration department. They're also fun to hang up for just because reasons, at least I think so.
2. Doilies were originally the cake makers best friend so why not spruce up an afternoon cup of tea with a doily under your biscuit (cookie)? I think it's fun to dress up every day life, it makes the day feel special.
3. As gift tags. I use doilies a lot to finish off a wrapping job, the little ones are fun to tie with pretty ribbons on a girly bag.
4. Use doilies as stencils. You can lay a doily down on just about any surface, dab on paint, and voila a pretty new something just for you. The image link will take you to a sweet little tutorial on how to make doily imprinted coasters.
5. Doilies work great as a decorative matte/background to a small photo in a bigger frame. This has been one of my favorite tricks for doilies over the years and you can see a variation of this theme on my blog here.
Do any of you have a good use for paper doilies once their traditional holidays have past? I'd love to hear your ideas! Happy leap year and see you in March. big kiss, bekuh